Second Passport Application Form DS-82

The government form you will need to complete when applying for a second US passport is called the DS-82. This is the same form that is used for passport renewals. The DS-82 is a two page form with a space for your photo and signature on the first page. When you complete this application form for a passport renewal, you will need to include the following information:

  • Your legal name, as listed on your current passport
  • Any other legal names you have previously used, such as maiden names or previous married names
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your height, hair color, and eye color
  • Your residential address
  • At least one contact phone number – may be your home, work, or mobile phone number
  • The number and issue date of your current passport
  • The name and address of someone who can be a contact in case of emergency
Expedite your Second Passport in as Little as 24 Hours!
Click Here!

Document Checklist – Requirements for Second Passport Application Form DS-82

  • Your current US passport – your full validity (10 year) passport, also called your “primary passport.” If you are renewing a second passport, you must also submit the second passport.
  • Second Passport Application Form DS-82
  • One passport photo – must be a different photo than the one that is in your 10 year passport.
  • Photocopy of your driver’s license or other state-issued ID (front and back)
  • Second passport letter of request – this letter is addressed to the US Department of State and must be signed by the applicant. The letter must describe the specific reason you need to get a second passport (either two trips leaving in close succession, the second one requiring visas, or upcoming travel to a country that does not allow entry if the traveler has Israel stamps in the passport.)
  • Flight itinerary or other proof of travel plans showing the trip(s) described in the letter
  • Second passport fee – a check for $110 ($170 if you need expedited service for a second passport) made payable to “US Department of State”

Complete Your Second Passport Application

To print and complete by hand
Download DS-82 Form
Fill out DS-82 Form online

How to Get a Second Passport Fast

Processing times for second passport applications are:

Get Your Second Passport Fast

Common Questions

Second Passport Application FAQ

List the details as follows:

  • If you currently hold a second passport (2 year passport), list the number and date of issue of the second passport.
  • If you do not currently hold a second passport, list the number and date of issue of your valid 10 year passport.

Yes, you must list travel plans, because second passports are only issued to US citizens whose travel plans require a second passport.

  • If you are requesting a second passport because of upcoming travel to a country that will not allow you to enter with a passport that shows Israel stamps, list the details of this trip.
  • If you need a second passport because you have to get a visa for a future trip while you are on another international trip, list your soonest international departure.

No, you must list your name exactly as it is shown on your current 10 year passport. If your name has changed since your 10 year passport was issued, or if there is a printing error on your passport, you must go through the name change or passport correction process on your 10 year passport before a second passport is issued. A passport expediting company may be able to help you do both processes at once to save time.


PASSPORTINFO.COM is not operated, maintained by, or affiliated with any passport offices or government agencies. It is a privately operated website portal for informational purposes only.