Stolen Passport Application: DS-11 and DS-64
The government form you will need to complete when applying to replace your stolen US passport is called the DS-11. This is the same form that first time applicants complete to get a new passport. The DS-11 is a two page form with a space for your photo and signature on the first page. When you complete this application form for a stolen passport replacement, you will need to include the following information:
- Your legal name, as listed on your birth certificate or legal name change document
- Your Social Security Number
- Your height, hair color, and eye color
- Your parents’ full names, birth dates, and places of birth
- Your residential address
- At least one contact phone number – may be your home, work, or mobile phone number
- The name and address of someone who can be a contact in case of emergency
- The number and date of issue of the stolen passport
You will also need to complete a second form called the DS-64, “Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport.”
Document Checklist – Requirements for DS-11 Application Form for a Stolen Passport
- Proof of US Citizenship. This can be either:
- Original or certified copy of your birth certificate showing birth in the US
- An expired passport, so long as you are still similar in appearance to the photo on that passport
- Passport Application Form (DS-11) filled out online at https://pptform.state.gov/.
- Passport Form DS-64, “Statement regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport.” This is created automatically as you fill out your passport application on https://pptform.state.gov/. If you got paper copies of the forms and are filling them out by hand, you will need to fill this out in addition to the DS-11 Passport Application.
- One passport photo
- Photocopy of your driver’s license or other state-issued ID (front and back)
- Proof of travel plans, such as a flight itinerary (only required if you request expedited service for stolen passport replacement)
- Stolen passport replacement fee. You will need two checks, one made payable to “US Department of State” for $110 ($170 if you need expedited service for passport replacement) and a second check for $25 for the Passport Acceptance Agent fee.
- As of April 2nd, 2018 Passport Fees have gone up. Please see our updated content on how much a passport costs for the most up to date information.
Complete Your Stolen Passport Application
To print and complete by hand
Download DS-11 Form
To print and complete by hand
Download DS-64 Form
Fill out your DS-11 and DS-64 application online
Do not sign your application until instructed to do so by the Passport Acceptance Agent!
How to Replace a Stolen Passport Fast
Processing times for passport replacement applications are:
- Standard service by mail: 6-8 weeks
- Expedited service by mail: 2-3 weeks
- Expedited service at a US Passport Agency: up to 8 business days
- Expedited service from a registered passport expediting company: as little as 24 hours
Lost or Stolen Passport Application FAQ
As you go through the application questionnaire online, you will be asked whether your previous passport is still in your possession, and you will select the option that says “No, it has been stolen.” The online application will then prompt you for the extra details needed for your DS-64 form to be created.
When asked for the number of your stolen passport, fill in “000000000” (nine zeros). If you are filling in the passport application online, you will need to fill in a date of issuance, so provide a guess. It is fine if this date is not accurate. If filling in the application by hand, you may leave this question blank.