Lost Passport Application Forms DS-11 and DS-64

The government form you will need to complete when applying for a replacement for a lost US passport is called the DS-11. This is the same form that first time applicants complete to get a new passport. The DS-11 is a two page form with a space for your photo and signature on the first page. When you complete this application form for a lost passport replacement, you will need to include the following information:

Get your lost passport replaced in 24 hours

  • Your legal name, as listed on your birth certificate or legal name change document
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your height, hair color, and eye color
  • Your parents’ full names, birth dates, and places of birth
  • Your residential address
  • At least one contact phone number – may be your home, work, or mobile phone number
  • The name and address of someone who can be a contact in case of emergency
  • The number and date of issue of the passport you lost

You will also need to complete a second form called the DS-64, “Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport.”

Document Checklist – Requirements for DS-11 Application Form for a Lost Passport

Replace your Lost Passport

  • Proof of US Citizenship – This can be either a birth certificate (original or certified copy) or an expired passport. If you submit an expired passport, your appearance must still be similar to the way you appear in the passport photo on the old passport.
  • Passport Application Form (DS-11)
  • Passport Form DS-64, “Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport.” This will be automatically created as you fill out your passport application on PPTForm. If you are filling out your forms by hand, you will need to fill out this form separately.
  • One passport photo
  • Photocopy of your driver’s license or other state-issued ID (front and back)
  • Flight itinerary or other proof of travel plans (only required if you need to expedited service for lost passport replacement)
  • Lost passport replacement fee (will be paid at the Passport Acceptance Agent, see below). You will need two checks, one made payable to “US Department of State” for $110 ($170 if you need expedited service for lost passport replacement) and a second check for $25 for the Passport Acceptance Agent fee.
  • As of April 2nd, 2018 Passport Fees have gone up. Please see our updated content on how much a passport costs for the most up to date information.

Complete Your Lost Passport Application

To print and complete by hand
Download DS-11 Form
To print and complete by hand
Download DS-64 Form
Fill out your DS-11 and DS-64 application online

Do not sign your application until instructed to do so by the Passport Acceptance Agent!

How to Replace a Lost Passport Fast

Processing times for lost passport applications are:

Click here to replace your lost passport fast

Common Questions

Lost or Stolen Passport Application FAQ

As you go through the application questionnaire online, you will be asked whether your previous passport is still in your possession, and you will select the option that says “No, it has been stolen.” The online application will then prompt you for the extra details needed for your DS-64 form to be created.

When asked for the number of your stolen passport, fill in “000000000” (nine zeros). If you are filling in the passport application online, you will need to fill in a date of issuance, so provide a guess. It is fine if this date is not accurate. If filling in the application by hand, you may leave this question blank.


PASSPORTINFO.COM is not operated, maintained by, or affiliated with any passport offices or government agencies. It is a privately operated website portal for informational purposes only.