DS-11 New Passport Application Form
The government form you will need to complete when applying for a new US passport is called the DS-11. This is a two page form with a space for your photo and signature on the first page. When you complete the DS-11 application form for a new passport, you will need to include the following information:
- Your legal name, as listed on your birth certificate or legal name change document
- Your Social Security Number
- Your height, hair color, and eye color
- Your parents’ full names, birth dates, and places of birth
- Your residential address
- At least one contact phone number – may be your home, work, or mobile phone number
- The name and address of someone who can be a contact in case of emergency
Document Checklist – Requirements for DS-11 Application form for a New Passport
- Proof of US Citizenship (birth certificate)
- New Passport Application Form (DS-11)
- One passport photo
- Photocopy of your driver’s license or other state-issued ID (front and back)
- Flight itinerary or other proof of travel plans (only required if you need to rush a new passport)passport application
- New US Passport application fee. You will need two checks, one made payable to “US Department of State” for $110 ($170 if you need to expedite a new passport) and a second check for $25 for the Passport Acceptance Agent fee.
- As of April 2nd, 2018 Passport Fees have gone up. Please see our updated content on how much a passport costs for the most up to date information.
Complete Your New Passport Application
Do not sign your application until instructed to do so by the Passport Acceptance Agent!
How to Get a New Passport Fast
Processing times for new passport applications are:
- Standard service by mail: 6-8 weeks
- Expedited service by mail: 2-3 weeks
- Expedited service at a US Passport Agency: up to 8 business days
- Expedited service from a registered passport expediting company: as little as 24 hours
New Passport Application FAQ
Please list the color of one of your eyes.
Provide the color of your eyebrows or other facial hair.
Sorry, but the name you list on your passport application must be your legal name exactly as listed on your birth certificate or legal name change document (i.e. court order or marriage certificate).