US Passport Renewal Application Form

Passport Renewal Application Form DS-82

The government form you will need to complete when applying for a US passport renewal is called the DS-82. The DS-82 is a two page form with a space for your photo and signature on the first page. When you complete the DS-82 application form for a passport renewal, you will need to include the following information:

  • Your legal name, as listed on your current passport or legal name change document
  • Any other legal names you have previously used, such as maiden names or previous married names
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your height, hair color, and eye color
  • Your residential address
  • At least one contact phone number – may be your home, work, or mobile phone number
  • The number and issue date of the passport you are renewing
  • The name and address of someone who can be a contact in case of emergency
Expedite your Passport Renewal Request in 2-3 Business Days!
Apply Now!

Document Checklist – Requirements for Passport Renewal Application Form DS-82

  • Your current US passport
  • Passport Renewal Application Form (DS-82) filled out online at PPTForm, printed and signed.
  • One passport photo
  • Photocopy of your driver’s license or other state-issued ID (front and back)
  • Flight itinerary or other proof of travel plans (only required if you need an expedited passport renewal)
  • Proof of name change, if you have legally changed your name since your last passport was issued.
  • Passport renewal fee – check for $130 ($190 if you need expedited passport renewal) made payable to “US Department of State.”

Complete Your Passport Renewal Application

To print and complete by hand
Download DS-82 Form
Fill out DS-82 Form online

How to Get a Passport Renewal Fast

Processing times for passport renewal applications are:

  • Standard service by mail: 8-11 weeks
  • Expedited service by mail: 5-7 weeks
  • Expedited service at a US Passport Agency: up to 8 business days (Must have international travel within 3 business days)
  • Expedited service from a registered passport expediting company: as little as 24 hours

Click here to expedite your passport renewal

Common Questions

Passport Renewal Application FAQ

Yes, you may request a large 52-page book on your passport renewal application. There is no additional fee for the larger book. However, the large books are issued only at State Department discretion and may not always be available, so sometimes a standard 28 page book is issued when a 52 page book was requested.

List the current color of your hair, as shown in the passport photo you are submitting with your passport renewal application.

The travel plans section is optional if you are requesting standard processing by mail. If you need expedited service for your passport renewal, you will need to list an upcoming trip in this section.

No, this section is only for previous legal names, such as a maiden name or previous married name. Do not list any nicknames, pen names, religious names, etc.


PASSPORTINFO.COM is not operated, maintained by, or affiliated with any passport offices or government agencies. It is a privately operated website portal for informational purposes only.