DS-11 Application Form for Child Passport

DS-11 Application Form for Child Passport

The Minor Passport Application is the government form you will need to complete when applying for a US passport for a child under age 16. This passport form is called the DS-11, and is the same form that is used for new US passports for adults. The DS-11 is a two page form with a space for the photo and signatures on the first page. When you complete this application form for a child passport, you will need to include the following information:

  • Your child’s legal name, as listed on the birth certificate
  • Your child’s Social Security Number
  • Your child’s height, hair color, and eye color
  • Both parents’ full names, birth dates, and places of birth
  • Your residential address
  • At least one contact phone number – may be a home or mobile phone number
  • The name and address of someone who can be a contact in case of emergency
  • The number and date of issue of your child’s previous passport, if any
Expedite your child’s passport in ONE week!Click Here!

If both parents or legal guardians are not able to accompany the child to the Passport Acceptance Facility, the parent who will not appear in person must complete Form DS-3053, “Statement of Consent.” This is needed to prove that both parents wish for the child to be issued a passport. Form DS-3053 must have an original ink signature and must be notarized.

Document Checklist – Requirements for DS-11 Application Form for a Minor Passport

Click Here and Get help for minor passport application

  • Proof of US Citizenship (birth certificate) – This must be an original or certified copy of a “long form” birth certificate showing both parents’ names.
  • New Passport Application Form (DS-11) filled out online at www.pptform.state.gov. The child passport application form is the same one that is used by adults who need to get a new passport.
  • One passport photo
  • Photocopy of both parents’ passports, driver’s licenses or other state-issued ID (front and back)
  • Flight itinerary or other proof of travel plans (only required if you need to rush a child passport)
  • Previous minor US passport, if the child has been issued one
  • Notarized “Statement of Consent” form (DS-3053) – if one parent is not able to go to the Passport Acceptance Agent, they will need to complete and sign this form and have it notarized. If both parents go with the child to the Passport Acceptance Agent, this form is not needed.
  • Minor passport fee – a check for $95 ($155 if you need expedited service for your child’s passport) made payable to “US Department of State.”

Complete Your Minor Passport Application

To print and complete by hand
Download DS-11 Form
Fill out DS-11 Form online

Do not sign your application until instructed to do so by the Passport Acceptance Agent!

To print and complete by hand
Download DS-3053 Form

Form DS-3053 must be notarized.

How to Get a Minor Passport fast

Processing times for child US passport applications are:

  • Standard service by mail: 6-8 weeks
  • Expedited service by mail: 2-3 weeks
  • Expedited service at a US Passport Agency: up to 8 business days
  • Expedited service from a registered passport expediting company: as little as 24 hours

Expedite child's US passport in 24 hours

Common Questions

Minor Passport Application FAQ

You may leave this question blank, as it’s only required for applicants over age 16. However, if your child goes to school, you may also list the occupation as “student” and put the school name in the employer field.


PASSPORTINFO.COM is not operated, maintained by, or affiliated with any passport offices or government agencies. It is a privately operated website portal for informational purposes only.