Vermont Passport Agency
The Vermont Passport Agency is located on Main Street in downtown St. Albans, VT. It is approximately a half hour drive from Burlington, VT and one hour from Montpelier, VT. Other US Passport Agencies in New England include the National Passport Center in Portsmouth, NH and the Boston Passport Agency in Boston, MA.
The Vermont Passport Agency offers expedited passport services to US citizens who submit applications in person. You must have an appointment, and you qualify to receive an appointment if you are departing within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa, or if you have a life-or-death emergency overseas. However, you do not need to have proof of travel to obtain an appointment at this agency.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
50 South Main Street
St. Albans, VT 05478
The Vermont Passport Agency is a 6 minute walk from the St. Albans Amtrak station. It is also accessible by bus; take either the #109 bus to Willard Mill Apartments or the #115 to Bellows Free Academy.
Public parking is available in front of the building as well as along Main Street.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the Vermont Passport Agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive early to go through the security screening.
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.