Western Passport Center
TThe Western Passport Center in Tucson, AZ offers expedited passport services to US citizens with imminent international travel or life-or-death emergencies abroad. Appointments are required in order to visit the Western Passport Center to submit a passport application.
The Western Passport Center is a Regional Passport Office serving the southwest. It is approximately a 2 hour drive from Phoenix, AZ, 6 ½ hours from either Las Vegas, NV or Albuquerque, NM, and a 7 hour drive from Santa Fe, NM.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
7373 East Rosewood Street
Tucson, AZ 85710
The Western Passport Center is accessible by bus. Take the #4 bus to N. Kolb Road and 3rd Street; the agency is a 7 minute walk from this stop down Rosewood Street.
Public parking is available in two lots, one on the right-hand side of the building and another across the street.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the Western Passport Center. You will need to have proof of an international departure within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) in order to be granted an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive early to allow time for the security screening.
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents, including your proof of travel.
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.