Seattle Passport Agency
The Seattle Passport Agency is located in the Pioneer Square district of downtown Seattle, WA. It is the only Regional Passport Office in the pacific northwest north of San Francisco. It is approximately a three hour drive from Portland, OR and a four hour drive from Spokane, WA.
The Seattle Passport Agency provides expedited passport service to US citizens with urgent travel needs. This is typically defined as travelers with life-or-death emergencies overseas, or travelers with international departures within 2 weeks, or 4 weeks if a travel visa is required. To receive service from the Seattle Passport Agency, you must make an appointment to submit your application in person.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
Fifth and Yesler Building
300 5th Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98104
The number 27 Metro bus stops on Yesler Way at the Fifth and Yesler Building. The Seattle Passport Agency is also accessible via Link light rail to either the Pioneer Square or International District stations.
Limited metered street parking is available near the passport agencies. There are also parking garages located nearby, including locations on Terrace Street and 3rd Avenue South.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the Seattle Passport Agency. You do not need to have proof of travel in order to secure an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive early to go through the security screening.
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Take the elevator to the 6th floor and proceed to Suite 600.
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.