San Juan Passport Agency
The San Juan Passport Agency, located in downtown San Juan, PR, is the only Regional Passport Office on the island of Puerto Rico. There are also no Passport Agencies in the US Virgin Islands. The San Juan Passport Agency offers expedited passport services to US citizens with urgent international departures or life-or-death emergencies overseas. Appointments are required for service at the San Juan Passport Agency. Please note that all US citizens, including people born in Puerto Rico, do not need passports to travel to the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, or any other US territory including the US Virgin Islands.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
Centro Gubernamental Minillas
Torre Norte, Piso 9 (North Tower, 9th Floor)
Avenida Jose de Diego, Parada 22
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00940
Take bus A5 or B21 to Stop 22 (Parada 22), in front of the Puerto Rico Museum of Art.
Paid parking is available at nearby parking garages. There is no public parking at the Minillas Government Center, and the San Juan Passport Agency does not validate parking.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the San Juan Passport Agency. You will need to have proof of your international departure within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) in order to secure an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents, including your proof of travel
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Arrive early to go through the security screening. Security is located at the entrance to the building on the Promenade Level.
- When cleared by the Security Officer, take the elevator to the 9th floor.
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.