San Francisco Passport Agency
The San Francisco Passport Agency is located in downtown San Francisco, CA, in the SoMa (South of Market) area near the Financial District. It is one of three Regional Passport Offices in California, along with the Passport Agencies in Los Angeles and San Diego. The San Francisco Passport Agency offers expedited passport services to US citizens with urgent travel or life-or-death emergencies overseas. In order to get service at the San Francisco Passport Agency, you must make an appointment to submit your application in person.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
95 Hawthorne Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105-3901
The San Francisco Passport Agency is accessible via BART train. Take the Blue (Dublin/Pleasanton), Green (Fremont/Daly City), Red (Richmond/Daly City) or Yellow (Pittsburg/Bay Point) lines to the Montgomery Street station and exit via the escalator marked “Market/New Montgomery”.
Public parking is available at a paid lot at 55 Hawthorne Street, next to the Passport Agency. Other paid lots are available nearby. Expect to pay approximately $10/hour for parking. The San Francisco Passport Agency does not validate parking.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the San Francisco Passport Agency. You will need to have proof that you are departing within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) in order to secure an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive early to go through the security screening and metal detectors.
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents, including your proof of travel
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Take the elevator to the 5th floor.
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.