Philadelphia Passport Agency
The Philadelphia Passport Agency is located in downtown Philadelphia, PA, just three blocks west of the iconic Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. The Philadelphia Passport Agency provides expedited passport services to US citizens who require passports for urgent international travel.
The Philadelphia Passport Agency is the only Regional Passport Office in the state of Pennsylvania. It is approximately 5 hours drive from Pittsburgh, PA, two hours from Harrisburg, PA, and one and a half hours from either Allentown, PA or Reading, PA.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
U.S. Custom House
200 Chestnut Street, Room 103
Philadelphia, PA 19106
The nearest transit stop is the 2nd Street stop of the Market-Frankford elevated subway line. The Philadephia Passport Agency is also within walking distance of the Market East train station.
Metered street parking is available around the Philadelphia Passport Agency. There are also paid parking garages nearby. Please note that the Philadelphia Passport Agency does not validate parking.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the Philadelphia Passport Agency. You will need to have proof that you are traveling internationally within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) in order to obtain an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive early to go through the security screening.
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents, including your proof of travel.
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.