New York Passport Agency
The New York Passport Agency is located in lower Manhattan, New York, NY, not far from the campus of New York University. This Regional Passport Office offers expedited passport services to US citizens who appear in person to submit applications. You will need an appointment to visit the New York Passport Office. Appointments are granted only to travelers who have urgent upcoming travel or life-or-death emergencies abroad.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
Greater New York Federal Building
376 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014-3621
The New York Passport Agency is accessible by subway – take the 1 local to Houston Street. You can also take the A, B, C, D, E, F, or V lines to West 4th Street.
Three private parking garages are located nearby on Hudson Street. Expect to pay up to $25 per hour for parking. The New York Passport Agency does not validate parking.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the New York Passport Agency. You will need to have proof that you are departing on an international trip within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) in order to obtain an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents, including your proof of travel
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Arrive early to go through the security screening.
- After passing through security, check in at the Information Desk on the 1st Floor and receive a number for service.
- Take the elevator to the 10th Floor.
- Have a seat in the waiting area of the Passport Agency and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.