New Orleans Passport Agency
The New Orleans Passport Agency is located in the Central Business District of downtown New Orleans, LA. It is housed in the One Canal Place skyscraper, the bottom three floors of which are an upscale shopping mall. The Passport Agency is found on the 13th floor of the 32-story building. This location is a 1 hour 40 minute drive from Baton Rouge, LA, 2 hours and 15 minutes from Mobile, AL, and 3 hours from Jackson, MS.
The New Orleans Passport Agency provides expedited passport services to travelers with urgent departures or life-or-death emergencies overseas. You will need an appointment to submit your application to the New Orleans Passport Agency.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
One Canal Place
365 Canal Street, Suite 1300
New Orleans, LA 70130-6508
The New Orleans Passport Agency is accessible by streetcar and bus. Take streetcar lines 47 Cemeteries, 48 City Park, or 49 Loyola-UPT to the Canal at St. Peters stop. By bus, use routes 5 or 55 to travel to the intersection of Canal and St. Peters Streets.
A paid parking garage is available at One Canal Place. Please note that the New Orleans Passport Agency does not validate parking.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the New Orleans Passport Agency. You will need to have proof that you are scheduled to depart within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) in order to secure an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive early to go through the security screening and metal detectors.
- Take the elevator to the 13th floor to access Suite 1300.
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents, including your proof of travel.
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.