National Passport Center
The National Passport Center in Portsmouth, NH is one of the government’s main facilities for processing passport applications submitted by mail. It is also open to the public by appointment. You may submit an application in person for expedited passport services if you have international travel scheduled within the next few weeks or a life-or-death emergency situation that requires foreign travel.
The National Passport Center is approximately 45 minutes drive from Manchester, NH and one hour from Portland, ME.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
207 International Drive
Portsmouth, NH 03801
The closest bus stops are on Corporate Drive near Durham Street. They are served by the 7, 20, and 40 routes.
Free public parking is available in front of the building. Please use the spaces designated for passport customers.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to apply in person at the National Passport Center. You will need to have proof that you have an international departure within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) in order to secure an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive early to go through the security screening.
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents, including your proof of travel.
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.