Minneapolis Passport Agency
The Minneapolis Passport Agency is located in downtown Minneapolis, MN, across the street from the famous Depot Hotel. This Regional Passport Office provides expedited passport service to US citizens with urgent travel needs, such as a departure within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) or a life-or-death emergency overseas. You will need an appointment for service at the Minneapolis Passport Agency.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
The “Old” Federal Building
212 3rd Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55401
(The Passport Agency is located on the ground floor.)
The Minneapolis Passport Agency is accessible by light rail; take the Blue or Green Line to the Government Plaza Station. The Passport Agency is a third of a mile away, roughly a 7-8 minute walk. Bus lines also serve the Minneapolis Passport Agency, with stops on Washington Avenue served by the 10, 17, 25, 59, 146 and 568 routes.
Metered street parking is available for $1 an hour, and a parking garage across the street from the Federal Building at 2nd Street & 3rd Avenue charges roughly $6 for daily parking. The Minneapolis Passport Agency does not validate parking.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the Minneapolis Passport Agency. You do not need to have proof of departure in order to secure an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive early to allow time to go through the security screening.
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.