Los Angeles Passport Agency
The Los Angeles Passport Agency is housed in the West L.A. Federal Building, at the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and Veteran Avenue in the western section of Los Angeles, CA. It is one of three Regional Passport Agencies in California, in addition to the agencies in San Diego and San Francisco.
The Los Angeles Passport Agency offers expedited passport services to US citizens who have urgent international travel or life-or-death emergencies abroad. Appointments are required, as you must submit your passport application in person.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
West L.A. Federal Building
11000 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90024-3602
There are three bus stops located around the perimeter of the West L.A. Federal Building. You can use any of the following bus routes to access the stops at the Federal Building: 2, 3M, 6, 20, 234, 720, 734, Commuter Express, or Metro Valley-Westside Express.
The West L.A. Federal Building has visitor parking accessible through the Veteran Avenue side of the building. Your first three hours of parking are free.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the Los Angeles Passport Agency. You will need to have proof of your international departure within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) in order to obtain an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive early to go through the security screening.
- Proceed to Suite 1000 on the first floor of the Federal Building.
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents, including your proof of travel
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.