Houston Passport Agency
The Houston Passport Agency is located in the George Thomas “Mickey” Leland Federal Building in the Skyline District of downtown Houston, TX. It is one of three Regional Passport Offices in Texas; the other two are in El Paso and Dallas.
The Houston Passport Agency provides expedited passport services for US citizens who have imminent international departures or life-or-death emergencies that require overseas travel. Appointments are required to receive passport service at this location and all other US Passport Agencies.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
George Thomas “Mickey” Leland Federal Building
1919 Smith Street, 4th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
(Please note, the entrance is located at 1919 Louisiana Street.)
The Houston Passport Agency is accessible by bus. The nearest stop is at St. Joseph Parkway and Smith Street, which is served by bus routes 108, 212, 255, 256, and 257.
Metered street parking is available on Louisiana Street (under the freeway) and on Smith Street. There are also parking garages nearby. Please note that the Houston Passport Agency does not validate parking.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the Houston Passport Agency. You will need to have proof that you are departing within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) in order to be granted an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents, including your proof of travel.
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- When you arrive, take the elevator to the 4th floor.
- Allow time to go through the security screening and metal detectors. All weapons are prohibited.
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for “will call” pickup at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.