Dallas Passport Agency
The state of Texas boasts three Regional Passport Offices, in Houston, El Paso, and Dallas. The Dallas Passport Agency is located in the Earle Cabell Federal Building in the Government District of downtown Dallas, TX. This building also houses a federal courthouse.
The Dallas Passport Agency offers expedited passport services to US citizens with urgent overseas departures or life-or-death emergencies that require international travel. You must have an appointment and proof of travel in order to receive service at the Dallas Passport Agency.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
Earle Cabell Federal Building
1100 Commerce St, Suite 1120
Dallas, TX 75242
The Dallas Passport Agency at the Earle Cabell Federal Building is a 6 minute walk from the Akard Station, which is served by the Blue, Green, Orange and Red lines of the DART light rail system. The agency can also be accessed via many Dallas bus routes. Nearby stops include:
- Griffin @ Commerce Street: Route 026
- Griffin @ Jackson Street: Routes 011 and 026
- Commerce @ Field Street: Routes 001, 002, 011, 012, 019, 021, 035, 060, 063, 076, 110, 111, and 164
Paid parking lots are available at the corners of Commerce and S. Griffin Street, S. Griffin and Jackson Street, and S. Griffin and Wood Street. Daily parking will cost approximately $10. The Dallas Passport Agency does not validate parking.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the Dallas Passport Agency. You will need written proof that you are departing within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) in order to be granted an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive early to give yourself time to go through the security screening and metal detectors. All weapons are prohibited.
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents, including a hard copy of your proof of travel
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the “will call” window at the agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days.