Contact for Passport Assistance

Need more help? is happy to answer your passport questions!

Please note that is not part of the US Government and cannot assist with passport applications that are already in process. See below for more resources if you need to get a passport expedited, find out the status of a passport application submitted by mail, make an appointment to visit a Passport Agency or Passport Acceptance Agent, or report a passport lost or stolen.

Need to Expedite your Passport?

Contact our top recommended passport expediting services, Rush My Passport and G3 Passports, for assistance, or see our Registered Passport Expeditors page for more options.

Begin your Expedited Passport Request at any of these reliable services:

Need to Find the Status of a Passport Application Submitted by Mail?

If you sent in your passport application for processing by mail, you can track the status of your application online. Please note that the US State Department takes approximately 7 business days after receiving the application to post the status on their online tracker.

You can also contact the National Passport Information Center at:

Phone: 877-487-2778 (representatives available Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 10:00pm Eastern Time)
Email: (please allow at least 24 hours for a response)

If you have submitted your passport application by mail and have a life or death emergency that requires international travel, call 202-647-4000.

Need to Make an Appointment to Visit a Passport Agency or Passport Acceptance Facility?

Make an appointment to submit an application at a US Passport Agency by calling 877-487-2778.
To make an appointment to visit a Passport Acceptance Facility, please use our locator page to find the phone number and address of a convenient location near you.

Need to Report a Passport Lost or Stolen?

If your passport has been lost or stolen, but you don’t want to replace it now, call 877-487-2778 to make your report.

If you have found someone’s passport and you don’t know how to contact that person, you can mail the passport to the US State Department at:

U.S. Department of State
Law Enforcement Liaison Division
Consular Lost and Stolen Passport Unit (CLASP)
44132 Mercure Circle
PO Box 1227
Sterling, VA 20166-1227

Need to Ask a Question?

Use the contact form below to send your question to the team for a fast answer from an expert.


    PASSPORTINFO.COM is not operated, maintained by, or affiliated with any passport offices or government agencies. It is a privately operated website portal for informational purposes only.