Buffalo Passport Agency
The Buffalo Passport Agency is located in an office building in the northern section of the Downtown Central Business District of Buffalo, NY. This location offers expedited passport services to travelers departing within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if a visa must be acquired for travel) and those who have a life-or-death emergency that requires international travel.
This location in upstate New York is one of two Regional Passport Offices in the state of New York; the other is located in New York City.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
111 Genesee Street, Suite 101
Buffalo, NY 14203
The Buffalo Passport Agency can be reached via public transportation using bus or Metro Rail. By bus, take the 24 bus to Genesse & Oak Street (closest stop) or the 6, 8, 68 or 74 to Huron Street & Ellicott Street. For users of the light rail system, the Buffalo Passport Agency is a 4-5 minute walk from the Fountain Plaza Station.
A public parking lot is located less than one block from the Buffalo Passport Agency at Genesse and Washington Streets.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the Buffalo Passport Agency. Proof of travel is not required to secure an appointment at this agency, although you will be told it is required when you make your appointment.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive early to go through the security screening.
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat in the waiting area and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This Location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for pickup at the agency
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent in approximately 8 business days. The passport agent will tell you how your passport will be returned.