Boston Passport Agency
The Boston Passport Agency in downtown Boston, MA provides expedited passport services to travelers with imminent international departures or life-or-death emergencies that require travel abroad. The Boston Passport Agency is located in the Tip O’Neill Federal Building near the TD Garden stadium.
As it is approximately one hour drive from Providence, RI and less than two hours from Hartford, CT, the Boston Passport Agency is the most convenient regional passport office for many New England residents.
Location, Public Transportation, and Parking
Tip O’Neill Federal Building
10 Causeway Street, Room 247
Boston, Massachusetts 02222
You can get to the Boston Passport Agency using “the T” subway or commuter rail trains; the Tip O’Neill Federal Building is less than a block from the North Station.
Use one of the following rail lines:
- Commuter rail: Fitchburg, Haverhill, Lowell, or Newburyport lines
- T Subway: Green or Orange line
Two parking garages are located on Lomansey Way within a short walk of the Passport Agency; expect to pay approximately $20 for daily parking. The Boston Passport Agency does not validate parking or provide any free public parking.
Making an Appointment at This Agency
Call 877-487-2778 to make an appointment to visit the Boston Passport Agency. You will need to have proof that you have an international departure within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if you also need to get a travel visa) in order to make an appointment at this agency.
Appointments are available during the following office hours:
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Bring your:
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Valid identification
- Completed passport application form and supporting documents, including your proof of travel
- Means of payment – checkbook, major credit card, or cash or money order for the exact amount of your government fee
- Arrive early to allow time to go through security screening.
- Take the elevator to the 2nd floor and follow signs to Suite 247.
- Check in at the Information Desk, receive a number, and then have a seat and wait for your number to be called.
Processing Times at This location
- Travelers with departures within 8 business days or life-or-death emergencies: the passport agent will advise when your completed passport will be ready for “will call” pickup at the Boston Passport Agency.
- All other travelers: completed passports will be sent to you in approximately 8 business days.