In the news this week are a number of items that impact where and when you can apply for passports. All of these items concern local passport offices, also known as Passport Acceptance Facilities. If you need to apply for a first time adult passport, minor passport for a child under age 16, or a replacement for a damaged or lost or stolen passport, you will need to visit a local passport office in order to have your identity and citizenship verified and have your passport application sealed into an official envelope for processing.
Upcoming Passport Fairs
Passport Fairs are events held by passport offices to allow travelers to visit the passport office on an evening or weekend to apply for passports and get information and forms. They are convenient for travelers who have difficulty getting to a passport office during normal business hours.
- Ottoville, OH: The Ottoville High School National Honor Society is sponsoring a Passport Fair on the evening of Monday, November 9 from 5:30 to 8:00pm. The event will be held at the Ottoville High School located at 650 W 3rd Street, Ottoville, OH. Passport acceptance service will be first-come, first-serve, with no appointments needed.
- Perinton, NY: The Perinton Town Hall at 1350 Turk Hill Road, Fairport, NY will host a Passport Fair on Saturday, October 24 from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Appointments are needed for passport acceptance service; please call 585-223-0770 to schedule your appointment.
- Richmond, VA: Before you head out to your Halloween parties and trick or treating, visit the Richmond Main Post Office (1801 Brook Road, Richmond, VA) for a Passport Fair on October 31 from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
New Passport Acceptance Facilities
Several new local passport offices have opened recently to provide passport acceptance services for US citizens who need new passports.
- Burbank, CA: The Passport Acceptance Facility at the Burbank City Hall will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Monday, October 24, although it has already started providing passport services. The facility is located in the Clerk’s Office in the city hall at 275 E. Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA. Services are available by appointment only, Monday through Friday.
- Lynbrook, NY: The grand opening of the new Lynbrook Passport Office at 100 Broadway, Lynbrook, NY was held earlier this week. Passport acceptance services are available Wednesday through Sunday, with extended evening hours on Thursday. This facility also offers passport photo service for an additional $15 per applicant.
- Omaha, NE: The new Omaha Passport Center at 5346 S. 136th Street, Omaha, NE opened on October 5. This facility, in the former Postal Impressions office in Deerfield Plaza, has centralized all passport acceptance services for the city of Omaha. The other Post Offices which previously offered passport services – the Main Office, Northwest Station, and West Omaha Station – will no longer function as Passport Acceptance Facilities. The new Omaha Passport Center provides services by appointment only, with weekday hours until 7:00pm and Saturday hours from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Officials say the new centralized facility has cut wait times in half.
- Richmond, VA: The Richmond Main Post Office will celebrate its grand opening as a Passport Acceptance Facility at their Passport Fair on October 31. The facility will offer passport acceptance services Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 3:00pm without appointments. Service is also available on Saturdays by appointment only.
Looking for passport acceptance services in other cities? Check out PassportInfo.com’s nationwide passport office locator to find a convenient facility near you!